Blue Silver Translations

Forum for douluo dalu discussion


You are not connected. Please login or register

The rising of the shield hero

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 The rising of the shield hero on Tue Dec 16, 2014 9:28 am

Vinzzz001


Guest
I recommend Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari, otherwise known as The Rising of the Shield Hero. The web-novel is about a guy (Japanese ofc) that ends up in an fantasy world as the hero of the shield. There he has to fight waves of monsters to ever get back home, yet the only "weapon"he is allowed to wield is a shield... He ends up getting betrayed and from there on it seems like his future in that world looks grim.

I liked the novel because you get to love and hate the MC, You get to parts where you would agree with him, and where he disagrees with what you would do. And when he gets an enemy back in a really cruel way, that feels the best...

(I kinda sound like a sadist, and I might be, but just read it yourself...)

Tate_no_Yuusha_no_Nariagari

2 Re: The rising of the shield hero on Tue Dec 16, 2014 3:13 pm

Naw, I don't see myself as a sadist either but I too laugh at his enemies when they get fcked. It's written that way.

Btw, was this supposed to be a reply to that other topic or you wanted to start a new one?

View user profile

3 Re: The rising of the shield hero on Tue Dec 16, 2014 11:26 pm

I've been keeping up with this one too. It's great, I'm enjoying it a lot, but I find I can't reread it. I found myself rereading a few light novels, but I couldn't reread this one while waiting for new chapters.

View user profile

4 Re: The rising of the shield hero on Wed Dec 17, 2014 8:24 am

David wrote:Naw, I don't see myself as a sadist either but I too laugh at his enemies when they get fcked. It's written that way.

Btw, was this supposed to be a reply to that other topic or you wanted to start a new one?
It was supposed to be a reply, yet I kinda screwed up on my first post, and posted it without an acc...

View user profile

5 Re: The rising of the shield hero on Fri Dec 19, 2014 10:14 am

Shieldbro's story is kinda kiddy compared to Douluo Dalu. Nevertheless, its still a good read.

View user profile

6 Re: The rising of the shield hero on Wed Dec 24, 2014 8:43 am

Mobile Dark Subject wrote:Shieldbro's story is kinda kiddy compared to Douluo Dalu. Nevertheless, its still a good read.


Yeah. I mean Douluo has very adult concepts like fighting people and killing monsters to gain power. And making every enemy you fight your friend or underling. And he had grief that one time. I'm waiting for Tang San to learn Kamehameha.
All Tate no Yuusha has is murder, slavery, betrayal, references to child abuse, sexual references, and so on. What a kiddy manga compared to Douluo so far...

Nice troll bro. Keep up the good work.

Tate no Yuusha is quite interesting. It's one of the three series I read religiously right now. Tate, Arifureta, and Douluo.
It's a nice change of pace to see a hero that doesn't shy away from getting revenge, but doesn't live solely for revenge either. And some of the things he does are just hilarious. Some are a bit aggravating too though, lol.

View user profile

7 Re: The rising of the shield hero on Wed Dec 24, 2014 11:38 am

lozlo wrote:...

Tate no Yuusha is quite interesting. It's one of the three series I read religiously right now. Tate, Arifureta, and Douluo.
It's a nice change of pace to see a hero that doesn't shy away from getting revenge, but doesn't live solely for revenge either. And some of the things he does are just hilarious. Some are a bit aggravating too though, lol.
Dude, go ahead and read Coiling Dragon, since you seem to have a similar taste you should find it quite interesting.

View user profile

8 Re: The rising of the shield hero on Wed Dec 24, 2014 1:47 pm

David wrote:
Dude, go ahead and read Coiling Dragon, since you seem to have a similar taste you should find it quite interesting.

rofl. Priceless. I started reading it about 3 hours ago actually. I have to say though, I just got to the part where someone basically murdered a group and stole an item from them.... And I was kind of disappointed with the reaction.....
Not because they didn't fight. But because it's like.... Murdering people and taking whatever you want is cool? :/
But I'm still in the beginning, so who knows what will happen.

View user profile

9 Re: The rising of the shield hero on Wed Dec 24, 2014 3:14 pm

lozlo wrote:
David wrote:
Dude, go ahead and read Coiling Dragon, since you seem to have a similar taste you should find it quite interesting.

rofl. Priceless. I started reading it about 3 hours ago actually. I have to say though, I just got to the part where someone basically murdered a group and stole an item from them.... And I was kind of disappointed with the reaction.....
Not because they didn't fight. But because it's like.... Murdering people and taking whatever you want is cool?   :/
But I'm still in the beginning, so who knows what will happen.

Well it's the whole "the strong rules the weak obeys" kind of universe, pretty much it's equal to Douluo Dalu and all the others Wuxia novels (if you havent after Coiling Dragon go read Stellar Transformation too)

View user profile

10 Re: The rising of the shield hero on Wed Dec 24, 2014 3:45 pm

not_an_error wrote:
Well it's the whole "the strong rules the weak obeys" kind of universe, pretty much it's equal to Douluo Dalu and all the others Wuxia novels (if you havent after Coiling Dragon go read Stellar Transformation too)

Ah. I did start that one a while back. But it starts out slow so I didn't read far into it and I had of other things to do. I'll go back to it in time though.

I kind of understand it. But I always worry where something is going when they praise strength used to bad purposes. I don't mind heroes with a dark edge. Sometimes I even really like them. But I don't think I've ever seen a true anti hero I liked when it was all said and done.

View user profile

11 Re: The rising of the shield hero on Thu Dec 25, 2014 11:12 am

lozlo wrote:
Ah. I did start that one a while back. But it starts out slow so I didn't read far into it and I had of other things to do. I'll go back to it in time though.

I kind of understand it. But I always worry where something is going when they praise strength used to bad purposes. I don't mind heroes with a dark edge. Sometimes I even really like them. But I don't think I've ever seen a true anti hero I liked when it was all said and done.

It's not that they praise strenght used for bad purposes, most of the time they condemn that actually, it's just that they can't go really say that to the evil one with strenght or they'd be dead Rolling Eyes ,
at the same time they actually respect strenght in all it's forms.
The situation in our day is akin to a President that spits on a random kid on the road, we are angry at him for spitting at a kid, but he still is a moth*f***g president all the well.

About dark/anti hero i don't dislike Arifureta or Suterareta no Eyutaan(??) they do what they want and f*ck the rest

View user profile

12 Re: The rising of the shield hero on Thu Dec 25, 2014 7:53 pm

Hrm. Hajime isn't a real anti hero though. Really, he started out as your cliche (decent) hero. Now he's ruthless towards enemies and he completely refused to help strangers at first. But he isn't cruel. And he isn't completely vengeful. He's just a hero with a dark edge. In the recent chapters he's actually loosening up on that quite a bit it seems.

The votes are still out on Daichi. I've been reading Suterareta, but I have mixed feelings on it so far. I'm actually quite disappointed in it since it's a rip off of Arifureta.... Daichi's only really skill so far is basically mutual destruction, and there's nothing interesting about it. But it hasn't gone too far yet, so I'm hoping something will change.

View user profile

13 Re: The rising of the shield hero on Thu Jan 22, 2015 7:17 pm

After reading online novels for a while I stumbled on some good ones, not all mentioned in this or the other "other novel discussions".

The ones I personally like are;
-Mother of learning,
-Arifureta,
-Moonlight Sculptor.

Ofc rising of the shield hero, and douluo dou are still included.
The only problem is that these are still all in translations, and I already caught up to them -_-".
Since I haven't seen mother of learning in the other discussions I'll post what it's about.

Mother of learning takes place in a world where magic present and used.
It's about a boy "Zorian" who goes to a magic scchool and involentairly gets dragged into a time loop where he repeats the same month every time he dies or ..... He has to try and figure out whats happening to him, and the city that he resides in, while learning al kinds of magic.
I can really recomend it, while there are only a few chapters out yet though (31, which is a few going by my need for novels like this....)

View user profile

Sponsored content


View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum