Blue Silver Translations
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Blue Silver Translations

Forum for douluo dalu discussion

You are not connected. Please login or register

Discussion of Xiao Wu's backstory [starting at chapter 37, part 2]

+4
David
Tel
Inbetweenaction
Iridium
8 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Iridium

So, what's Xiao Wu's relationship with those Titan Giant Apes? Child found in the wilderness, raised by Titan Giant Apes? Some half-human half-spirit beast? The transformation of some formidable spirit beast, who wants to obtain absolute power in the human world, so it can protect other spirit beasts from hunting, and has thus restrained her power to only a certain level? A reincarnation of a Titan Giant Ape?

not_an_error

I've pretty much no idea but she still is a Jade Rabbit if anything (no relationships to Gorillas if not trough being a spirit herself)

Inbetweenaction

She is the moon princess. maker of rise cakes and eater of carrots. also, adopted baby sister of the Titan apes of the forest

Iridium

I feel like reincarnation could play a huge part in it. This author doesn't seem to have fallen into all of the tropes of a lot of other reincarnation stories: that is, the protagonist dies in his original world, then comes to this world with a dedication to do better and a viewpoint differing from that of the new world (usually something along the lines of: more inventive/new approaches to magic/no discrimination against demi-humans, with a huge stress on how different this new, savage world is from the peace-loving, highly-equal, highly-advanced, technological utopia-nation of Japan), with the result that he trains from birth, becoming ten times more powerful than everyone else. Then he gets a harem, because in addition to his insanely overpowered abilities, he's also gorgeous/a really nice guy.

One of the tropes of the reincarnation genre seems to be that the only person who was reincarnated (or at least remembers that they were), is the main character.

So, what I think Xiao Wu is, is the reincarnation of a spirit master from earlier times, who remembers the special relationship between man and spirit beast before men began to kill spirit beasts to get spirit rings. She went and made friends with the Titan Giant Apes, and that's why she doesn't need to kill a spirit beast to get any of her spirit rings - she's just regaining the spirit powers she had before her death.

My other theory, the one I think actually happened, is that Xiao Wu was found as a baby and raised by the Titan Giant Apes (/ or she stumbled upon them when she was very small, after getting lost in a spirit beast forest), which explains why she's such a wild child, and the reason that she does a ceremony to get a spirit ring, instead of killing something to get one, is that that is how the Titan Giant Apes gain their spirit rings.

Tel

Let's say what's on my mind.
First of all Tang San more than one time said that he never saw Xiao Wu cultivating. So one ipothesis is that her power is sealed and she is simply releasing it bit by bit. One thing that could prove my theory right: i'm pretty sure she was near the thirtyseventh rank when she entered the forest, even if she had a way of creating rings without killing she still need to be near the threshold , afterall both human and spirit beasts need to cultivate. Another thing is her concern about the presence of a Title Doluo, i remember when she and Tang San went for the first time to Shrek academy she was worried about it, maybe a Title Doluo can see through her and realize her real level power?
And i've been wondering for a while if it was her decision or of her "family" to make her live in the human world and why.

P.s Ops, i mean 27. Anyway i remember she was some  ranks behind Tang San. Okay i checked, she was 29th. My bad silent

Last edited by Tel on Sat Dec 20, 2014 8:32 am; edited 2 times in total

David

David

Tel wrote:Let's say what's on my mind.
First of all Tang San more than one time said that he never saw Xiao Wu cultivating. So one ipothesis is that her power is sealed and she is simply releasing it bit by bit. One thing that could prove my theory right: i'm pretty sure she was near the thirtyseventh rank when she entered the forest, even if she had a way of creating rings without killing she still need to be near the threshold , afterall both human and spirit beasts need to cultivate. Another thing is her concern about the presence of a Title Doluo, i remember when she and Tang San went for the first time to Shrek academy she was worried about it, maybe a Title Doluo can see through her and realize her real level power?
And i've been wondering for a while if it was her decision or of her "family" to make her live in the human world and why.
What? Are we talking about future chapters? Because both she and Tang San were in the 29th rank when they arrived at the forest.

ser4

This is one of the biggest spoilers in the entire Series, And a good deal of the series is later dedicated to Xiao Wu's back story and its consequences for the present. If any one asks this question in the spoiler section either me or someone else can spoil it for you.

imblad3

Even if I already know bout it, I'll not spoil it. Because it is one of the emotional scene that should be enjoy by reader themselves.

ser4

couldn't agree more

TangerineWave

Why is Xiao Wu able to have a Titan Ape as a brother though. I think the only explanations are:

1. She was adopted by Titan Apes as a baby. That would explain why she is against killing Spirit Beasts. But it doesn't explain how she is able to cultivate spirit rings without killing spirit beasts. Maybe it's a Spirit Beast ability that is able to be learned. In which case, if she taught it to Tang San, he could add a bunch of rings to his hammer.    

2. She's some sort of half-spirit beast, half-human hybrid. Though how a Titan Ape and a Human have babies is kind of absurd to think about. But it would explain why Xiao Wu's mom had a comb (since I bet spirit beasts usually don't comb their hair). This doesn't really explain why she's a rabbit, not an ape, though.

3. And lastly, I think the least absurd possibility is that Xiao Wu was a Spirit Beast reincarnated as a human like Tang San. Only unlike Tang San, she stayed in the same world. She had a human mom/parents who gave her the comb and taught her about love. But she has her old Spirit Beast memories and ability to cultivate rings, like Tang San has his Mysterious Heaven skill. And her sibling relationship with Titan Apes is like her sibling relationship with Tang San, not blood relations, from when she used to be a Spirit Beast Rabbit.

bassedperception

I think that Xiao Wu is the exact same type of existence as whatever Tang San's mother was, and that explains why they had an affinity for each other from the get-go.
I even believe that she and tang could be blood related by as either cousins or actually half-siblings, because of all the times that they and Liu elrong/grandmaster relationships are juxtaposed and compared.

Unbreak

I dont think she is actually against killing spirit beasts in general, as she actually helped on the second forest. So I would think she is related to that specific forest, like royalty there or something.

She now started to cultivate (at first she kinda led us to believe that she always did, and Tang San just never noticed, so using a special method or something, but in recent chapters she has been using "normal cultivation methods").

The beast (at least as far as the translations are) dont use/have rings, the abilities are theirs, and the spirit power is determined by their age [ but we know man faced demon spider eats other beasts/spirit masters to hasten its cultivation]), only after their deaths are the rings formed.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum